Are you tired of fumbling around in the dark when you come home late at night? Or maybe you want to create the perfect ambiance for your next dinner party? Whatever your lighting needs may be, ADT home security offers a comprehensive guide to automated lighting in your home. With options for self-setup or pro installation, ADT provides dimming with smart light switches, remote control, and daily scheduling with their mobile app. In this guide, we’ll explore the benefits of automated lighting and how it can enhance your lifestyle. So, whether you're a seasoned homeowner or just settling into your first apartment, read on to discover how to bring automated lighting into your living space.
Lighting Automation 101: Three Ways to Make the Most of Your Smart Home Lights
Lighting automation has increasingly become a popular trend in the smart home automation industry. In this regard, homeowners have discovered the benefits of creating a customized lighting environment in their homes. Homeowners can now efficiently control their lights, making it possible to change the brightness, color temperature, and color of their lights as desired.
Here are three ways to make the most of your smart home lights.
Firstly, scheduling and automating your lights will help you to save energy, as well as make light control a seamless experience. By automating your lights, you can set them to turn off automatically when no one is present or turn them on when you are just about to get home.
Secondly, integrating your smart lights with voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple HomeKit makes it easy to control your lights using voice commands.
Finally, using motion sensors with your smart lights can significantly improve safety and security in your home. Motion detectors can detect movement and trigger your lights to turn on, thus deterring intruders and providing adequate lighting in dark areas. Overall, with lighting automation, you can easily create an optimal lighting experience in your home, while maximizing energy efficiency and enhancing security.
Benefits of dimmed lighting:
1. Promotes relaxation and stress reduction: Dim lighting creates an ambient mood that helps people wind down after a long day's work. It can reduce brain activity, making it easier for individuals to fall asleep, and decrease eye strain while reading or engaging in activities with small pieces.
2. Improves decision-making: According to a study by Alison Jing Xu and Aparna Labroo, dim lighting can help people make better decisions by subduing emotions and allowing for more rational thinking. This can come in handy during negotiations or other important business matters.
3. Increases productivity: Dim lighting has been found to improve employee productivity by creating a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. This is especially important in today's technology-driven world where employees are constantly on their computers or phones.
4. Enhances mood: Dim lighting can improve one's overall mood as it creates a cozy and calming environment. It can also be helpful for individuals who suffer from anxiety or depression as bright light intensifies emotions and can trigger negative feelings.
5. Saves energy: Dim lighting saves energy and reduces electricity costs as it requires less power than bright lighting. For businesses, this can mean significant savings on monthly utility bills.
6. Creates ambiance: Dim lighting can be used to create ambiance in restaurants, cafes, or bars. It can set the tone for a romantic evening or a cozy night out with friends, adding to the overall dining experience.
7. Promotes art appreciation: Dim lighting can enhance one's appreciation of art as it allows for the artwork to be viewed in a more dramatic and atmospheric manner. This is particularly useful for galleries or museums showcasing fine art.
Top 7 Benefits of ADT Smart Plugs
1. Increased Home Security: One of the major benefits of ADT Smart Plugs is that they provide an additional layer of protection to your home security system. By connecting lamps and small appliances to the smart plugs, you can control them remotely using the ADT app, giving the impression that someone is still home even when you're away.
2. Energy Efficiency: ADT Smart Plugs can help you save on electricity bills as they allow for easy control of all the devices connected to them. You can switch off appliances that are left on accidentally with just a push of a button, eliminating energy waste.
3. Home Automation: With smart plugs, you can automate your home lighting and appliances. Set specific times when your lights should come on or off, and even dim them if needed. You can also automate your coffee maker to start brewing when you're on your way home from work.
4. Easy Setup: ADT Smart Plugs are easy to install and use. Simply plug them into any outlet and connect your lamp or small appliance. You won't need any special tools or skills to set them up.
5. Compatibility: ADT Smart Plugs are compatible with both iOS and Android devices, allowing you to control all your devices from your smartphone or tablet. You can even use voice commands with Google Assistant to turn lights and appliances on and off.
6. Versatility: ADT Smart Plugs are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways around the house. You can automate your porch light, aquarium, or even your pet's feeding bowl. They are also available in a sleek, modern design that will complement any home décor.
7. Affordable: ADT Smart Plugs are an affordable way to upgrade your home security system. They can be purchased as an add-on to any ADT home alarm package, and there are no limits to the number of plugs you can add to your system.
How to Set Up Smart Home Lights?
1. Choose the right smart devices for your home: Pick a brand you know and trust to avoid any complications during the setup process. Consider GE Lighting’s C by GE Full Color Smart Bulbs and Indoor Smart Plugs for easy setup and plenty of control.
2. Deciding between smart bulbs and smart switches: The most effective smart lighting setup in a home often includes a mixture of both. Smart bulbs offer more flexibility with color and dimming options, while smart switches allow for physical control and don’t require constant power to stay connected.
3. Compatible smart home platforms and protocols: Smart lighting can be connected to different platforms such as Google Home, Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, or Amazon Alexa. Choose a platform that suits your needs and look for lights that are Matter-certified to ensure compatibility.
4. Setup process: Once you have your smart devices and platform chosen, use your phone or tablet to connect and configure them. No special tools or knowledge are required, but make sure to keep any light switches on to maintain constant power to the bulbs and plugs.
5. Benefits of smart lighting: Smart lighting can provide added convenience, security, and energy efficiency to your home. Controlling lights remotely with schedules or voice commands can improve your daily routines, while motion sensors and outdoor lighting can increase safety and deter theft. Syncing lights with sunrise and sunset can also improve your overall health and wellness.
6. Considerations for installation: Be careful not to mix smart bulbs with smart switches as they will interfere with each other's functionality. Consider hiring a professional electrician if you are unsure about the wiring process or how to properly install the devices.
7. Maintenance: Smart devices may require updates or troubleshooting in the future. Check for firmware updates regularly and be sure to follow any maintenance or replacement instructions provided by the manufacturer.
In, the use of automated lighting in smart homes has significant benefits that enhance convenience, energy savings, and safety. With the rapid growth of the residential market and declining costs of lighting automation systems, homeowners now have access to a broad range of standalone and whole-house options. Automated lighting control systems may be hard-wired or wireless, and among their primary functions are programmable dimming and on-off control for designated rooms or zones of light fixtures. Dimming scenes are accessible through a keypad or scene controller, and homeowners can customize their lighting to accommodate different preferences and different uses of the space.
Call us at (877) 470-7879 experts can help you customize the perfect solution.